Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robin_heijt
Creator
Creator

IF (True) Do not count x

Hi,

I am trying to calculate in a bar chart the implementation of scores with this methodology:

Dimension:

=if([Movement Type]='Termination Voluntary' or 'Termination Involuntary', 'Implemented', 'Not Implemented')

Measure:

Count(distinct{<[OPR 2018]={'1B'}>}"Global ID")

This works fine, however what i would like is, that once a person has an implemented status, I do not want the graph to calculate the Not implemented status.

For example as shown in the below graph, the bar represents only 1 person. This person has an implemented status and not implemented due to multiple Movement types. But as the person already has been implemented, I do not want the bar chart to show to not implemented count. Is this possible?

Not Implemented 1B.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You can look at p() and e() here

P() &amp; E() and where do you use them?

and also here

p() and e() function in Set Analysis #Part 30 (Qlikview Tutorial) - YouTube

Change your expression to this for selection in Name

Count(DISTINCT {<[OPR 2018] = {'1B'}, Name *= p({<[Movement Type] = {'Termination Voluntary', 'Termination Involuntary'}>})>} "Global ID")

Count(DISTINCT {<[OPR 2018] = {'1B'}, Name *= e({<[Movement Type] = {'Termination Voluntary', 'Termination Involuntary'}>})>} "Global ID")

Selection in Function should work without any issues... what happens when you select a function?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you using more than one dimension in this chart?

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, another dimension is Function.

sunny_talwar

So, for each Function... you want to see a single person in either Implemented or Not Implemented. If they are in Implemented, then they should not be counted in Not Implemented.

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

Correct

NameCycleScore 2017Score 2018MovementImplemented
Jack2018-20193A1BTerminationYes
Jack2017-20183A1BPromotionNo
Jack2017-20183A1BPromotionNo

If this would be my data, i only want the chart to count the implemented move.

As the not implemented moves are not applicable after an implementation has been performed.

sunny_talwar

May be create this using 1 dimension and 2 expressions like this

Dimension

Function

Expression for Implemented

Count(DISTINCT {<[OPR 2018] = {'1B'}, Name = p({<[Movement Type] = {'Termination Voluntary', 'Termination Involuntary'}>})>} "Global ID")

Expression for not implemented

Count(DISTINCT {<[OPR 2018] = {'1B'}, Name = e({<[Movement Type] = {'Termination Voluntary', 'Termination Involuntary'}>})>} "Global ID")

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks,

It is partially working, the only issue now is that when I apply a filter this happens:

Unfiltered:

Unfiltered New.PNG

Filtered:

Filtered new.PNG

Where as before when I applied a filter it would only show the function associated with it.

So now when I filter for the function Sales, I only want to see sales in the graph, when I filter for a person that is implemented, I only want to see the implemented bar, not the not-implemented.

Is this possible?

Could you maybe also explain what the red "P" and "E" do? I am very curious what you did here.

Thanks a lot Sunny!

sunny_talwar

You can look at p() and e() here

P() &amp; E() and where do you use them?

and also here

p() and e() function in Set Analysis #Part 30 (Qlikview Tutorial) - YouTube

Change your expression to this for selection in Name

Count(DISTINCT {<[OPR 2018] = {'1B'}, Name *= p({<[Movement Type] = {'Termination Voluntary', 'Termination Involuntary'}>})>} "Global ID")

Count(DISTINCT {<[OPR 2018] = {'1B'}, Name *= e({<[Movement Type] = {'Termination Voluntary', 'Termination Involuntary'}>})>} "Global ID")

Selection in Function should work without any issues... what happens when you select a function?

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

Amazing,

Thank you very much.

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

One more question,

I have 1 field called cycle which represents the different cycles in which a movement has taken place. How should I adapt the code if I want the expression to look for a movement in the cycle '2018-2019'

The field "Cycle" containing the likes of;

2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019