Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

If statement with multiple true values

Hi All, I am trying to create a data model about membership information. The goal will be to create a table listing all of the members in the groups history and having a filter to select certain month/years where the member was active. I am trying to think of how I can accomplish this with an IF statement. But how can I represent the same person in multiple selection possibilities.

For example, let's say I just have a 3 value if statement that says if they were a member in January 2018, mark it January 2018. The same for February 2018 and March 2018. Now John Doe was a member for all three months. However, through if statement logic, January 2018 would be his selection. How can I reshape this model to be able to select January 2018, February 2018, or March 2018 and John Doe would be in the table. One possible solution is to create a filter for each month/year but that takes up too much real estate. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
pabloviera
New Contributor III

Re: If statement with multiple true values

Hello,

how does your fact table look like for a member?

If your main date field is a Year-Month and the member has data for a certain month, selecting that month should keep showing the member.

I'm guessing Canonical Dates and a Datebridge table would be very helpful in your example, but without a Fact Table structure can't be 100% certain

Cheers

Partner
Partner

Re: If statement with multiple true values

The fact table is a billing table that consists of each member and their "Member Since Date". They do not have a date tied to each month following this date, which makes me believe that I may have to create a separate table that populates the months in between each member's "Member Since Date" and the date they go inactive.