cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbarrett
Partner - Contributor III

If statement with multiple true values

Hi All, I am trying to create a data model about membership information. The goal will be to create a table listing all of the members in the groups history and having a filter to select certain month/years where the member was active. I am trying to think of how I can accomplish this with an IF statement. But how can I represent the same person in multiple selection possibilities.

For example, let's say I just have a 3 value if statement that says if they were a member in January 2018, mark it January 2018. The same for February 2018 and March 2018. Now John Doe was a member for all three months. However, through if statement logic, January 2018 would be his selection. How can I reshape this model to be able to select January 2018, February 2018, or March 2018 and John Doe would be in the table. One possible solution is to create a filter for each month/year but that takes up too much real estate. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Hello,

how does your fact table look like for a member?

If your main date field is a Year-Month and the member has data for a certain month, selecting that month should keep showing the member.

I'm guessing Canonical Dates and a Datebridge table would be very helpful in your example, but without a Fact Table structure can't be 100% certain

Cheers

gbarrett
Author

The fact table is a billing table that consists of each member and their "Member Since Date". They do not have a date tied to each month following this date, which makes me believe that I may have to create a separate table that populates the months in between each member's "Member Since Date" and the date they go inactive.