Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Qlik Users, make your voice heard! Participate in Wisdom of Crowds® Market Study: Start Survey
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsabbise
Creator
Creator

Ignore All filters except the condition

Hi,

I am trying to come up with the count of Id's with a condition. I used set analysis to specify the condition and used {1} to make the expression reflect static count without any effect on the filters but the count still changes when ever there is a change in the filters.

=count(distinct {1< OS_id=p(Si_d)>} OS_id )

Is there a way to make the above expression always reflect static count irrespective of filters selection ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Count(DISTINCT {1<OS_id = p({1} Si_d)>} OS_id)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

=Count(DISTINCT {1<OS_id $::Si_d>} OS_id)

vsabbise
Creator
Creator

Thanks. It says error in expression. Not sure what's missing

sunny_talwar

My bad, I forgot the equal sign... try this

=Count(DISTINCT {1<OS_id = $::OS_id>} OS_id)

vsabbise
Creator
Creator

Sorry This is not what I wanted. I need to display the count of all OS_id that have Si_Id in them without being effected by any filter. Your expression results the count only when I select a specific OS_id.

sunny_talwar

What exactly do you mean when you say OS_id that have Si_Id in them? Can you share an example?

vsabbise
Creator
Creator

lets say Si_id have {1,2,3,9} & OS_id have { 1,2,3,4,5,6,7}. The expression should return 3..

sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Count(DISTINCT {1<OS_id = p({1} Si_d)>} OS_id)

View solution in original post

vsabbise
Creator
Creator

Perfect.This worked.

Thanks a lot. So looks like I need to put {1} to the section which I want to be masked.

sunny_talwar

So looks like I need to put {1} to the section which I want to be masked.

Masked? I am not sure what that means , but essentially p() function needs to ignore selection as we well, otherwise selection will alter Si_d which will impact your final result