Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore NULL values on chart

How do I exclude dimension values that have a NULL measure?  For example, in my bar chart I have employees that do not have data (so their measure value is NULL), but they are still showing up on my chart.  How do I remove them?

When I remove the check from "Include zero values" from the Data Handling menu not only does it remove dimensions with a NULL measure it also removes dimensions with a value of zero.  I want to keep the zero values, but get rid of the NULL values.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I created an Employee dimension in Master Items with the following expression in the Field: Aggr(If($(vMetric)>=0,EmployeeName),EmployeeName).  This formula says if the metric is not null then return the employee.  Essentially, it gives me a dimension with the employees that have the metric.

Then I put this Master Item dimension in the dimension of my chart.  So far, it seems be working (only showing operators who have data in the chart).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be make 0 to be 0.00000001 something like this

If(Avg(Measure) = 0, 0.00000001, Sum(Measure))

Now when you will uncheck 'Include zero values', 0s will stay as they are 0.00000001 now rather than 0s

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'd rather not have a work around solution.  Especially since there is the ability to export data.  I don't want to show 0.00000001 when the number ahould be 0.

sunny_talwar

The other option is to calculated dimension.... I can't think of a 3rd way to do this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I created an Employee dimension in Master Items with the following expression in the Field: Aggr(If($(vMetric)>=0,EmployeeName),EmployeeName).  This formula says if the metric is not null then return the employee.  Essentially, it gives me a dimension with the employees that have the metric.

Then I put this Master Item dimension in the dimension of my chart.  So far, it seems be working (only showing operators who have data in the chart).

sunny_talwar

That is a calculated dimension