cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psublue98
Creator
Creator

Ignore selection in calculated dimension

I would like the “County” filter pane (based on a dimension of [COUNTY_ST]) to not filter or change based on a selection made in another drop down, “Ozone...”, which is based on the dimension [NAAQS].

You can see in the below that because Ozone is selected, the number of counties is greatly limited (the gray bar) in my county filter. However, I want the County filter to show all counties regardless of what’s being selected in NAAQS.

Kind of a different spin from set analysis in that this isn’t on a measure, but rather a dimension. I’ve been searching for calculated dimension how tos, but haven’t sorted it out.

pic.png

Update: Technically, all the counties are in the County filter pane, but the associative selection model is graying most of them out and putting them at the bottom. I want to override that for this filter pane.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
psublue98
Creator
Creator
Author

I didn't find a true solution to my question, but the primary issue is that the county dimension and its table has 3200+ counties, whereas the NAAQS dimension and table only has 300+ counties. So the filters panes are playing off the data where there's an overlap of counties in both tables.

A hack that I used was to create a dummy table with a NAAQS field and all 3200+ counties, but leaving most it blank. It made the app work as desired.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
bhupesh_gupta
Creator
Creator

Hi

Can't you use Alternate state to achieve this.

Put your Country filter is some other state and selections will not affect it.

Regards

Bhupesh

psublue98
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply.

I don't follow use of 'Alternate state.' Do you have a resource link that explains this further?

psublue98
Creator
Creator
Author

I didn't find a true solution to my question, but the primary issue is that the county dimension and its table has 3200+ counties, whereas the NAAQS dimension and table only has 300+ counties. So the filters panes are playing off the data where there's an overlap of counties in both tables.

A hack that I used was to create a dummy table with a NAAQS field and all 3200+ counties, but leaving most it blank. It made the app work as desired.