Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Import an app without importing the connections

When you import and app, Qlik Sense creates any new connections by default. Is there a way to turn of this behavior? We would like users to import apps, but have the connections created manually, after the fact, in order to control what connections get created.

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If connection already created from app before importing answer is YES. Connection will come via import. To disable the option, as far my experience you must delete those in your connection section.
Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks for the response. I'd already understood it to work this way, but I was checking to see if maybe there was another method. It's the implementation that's the issue. If you're not authorized to create a connection then the import fails, instead of skipping the connections. I really wish Qlik would add the option to bypass automatic creation of connections.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Good idea, But not placed as far i know. I suggest you to post this in Qlik Suggestion blog instead thread.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)