Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mic_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Import same QVD twice by Data Manager in Sense

Hi,

I need to import twice (or 3-more times) the same qvd into a model (e.g. multiple qvd containing a sort of master calendar) using Data Manager.

Once I've upload the first in a model and creating a demo sheet, I've tried to import the same qvd again but I have a problem: the original structure of the first qvd is overwritten with the new choosen fields, changing its structure and consequently the associations can also be broken. Other side effect is that in the frontend the system is changing autonomously the source fields in the formulas...

Any suggestion on how to solve it?

Michele

5 Replies
kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

You can using Qualify statement for qualification of field names

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/ScriptRegularStatem...

and using NoConcatenate to avoid two or more tables with same struct merge into one table

NoConcatenate ‒ Qlik Sense

Regards

An Pham

mic_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

‌thank you An.

but I’m looking a solution within the data manager functionalities without unlocking the auto generated script (and so loosing the data manager options).

michele

AChris
Contributor
Contributor

I too am wondering how to import the same table/view (in my case it's through a MS SQL connection) more than once in the Data Manager to make several connections to another table but based on different fields. Seems like I have to use the data load editor and miss out on the functionalities of the DM, OR make copies of my views/tables in my database in order to import them more than once. Let me know if this is possible or not, please.

jeffreyfrancis
Contributor
Contributor

is it helpful?

SomebabyTina
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have same requirement , hope here is a solution provided.

Does everyone know the solution from data manager ?