Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uladzislau_H
Contributor II
Contributor II

Independent chart

Hello!

I just started working with Qlik Sense Desktop. And I have a little problem.
I have several graphs and filters.  As well as a histogram by month, which should be independent by date filter (but should work with other filters).

When I try to use alternative states for this chart and select any month in the date filter, I only see data for the selected month. In addition, I see incorrect data in this chart when I try to use other filters. 

My expression for this chart:
Sum({$<BILLABLECATEGORY = {"Billable"}>} Log_Hours*0.95)/sum(Log_Hours)

All months selected (without Alternative states), all data is correct:

clipboard_image_0.png

Last month selected (without Alternative states), all data is correct but I see only one month 

clipboard_image_1.png

Last month selected (without Alternative states), one row from other chart selected as a filter,  all data is correct but I see only one month 

clipboard_image_2.png

Last month selected with alternative states (State1), all data is correct but I see only one month 

clipboard_image_3.png

Last month selected with alternative states, one row from other chart selected as a filter,  data in chart is incorrect (data in gauge is correct)

clipboard_image_4.png

How can I fix this?

p.s. excuse me for my English)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidM
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You don't need alternate states to ignore selections in one field, you can do it like this:

Sum({$<BILLABLECATEGORY = {"Billable"}, Datefield=>} Log_Hours*0.95)/sum(Log_Hours)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try to avoid messing with alternate states if you can. You can remove specific field selections in the set analysis:

Sum({$<BILLABLECATEGORY = {"Billable"},

[Month],[Date],...... // put all the date-related fields here. By not assigning an element set, you are telling the engine to ignore them

>} Log_Hours*0.95)/sum(Log_Hours)

DavidM
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You don't need alternate states to ignore selections in one field, you can do it like this:

Sum({$<BILLABLECATEGORY = {"Billable"}, Datefield=>} Log_Hours*0.95)/sum(Log_Hours)

Uladzislau_H
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you! 

There was another mistake in my example. I should ignore selection in the second part of my expression too:

Sum({$<BILLABLECATEGORY = {"Billable"}, Datefield=>} Log_Hours*0.95)/sum({<Datefield=>} Log_Hours)

But now it works correctly!