Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayne-a
Creator
Creator

Interval as dimension shows up twice in chart

Hi I'm having an issue with an interval that is being used as a dimension.  The dimension is defined as a master item dimension as follows:  =interval([Delivered Date] - [In Transit Date], 'mm')

Works fine when I use it in a table but I want a chart that can show the number of things, in this case orders, based on the interval.  For example how many orders had an interval of 1 minute between these dates.  I'm using a line chart that has the interval as a dimension on the x axis and the counts on the y axis.  On the x axis I'm seeing the interval twice as in the example below.  

Line Chart Example.JPG

The data seems simple, here is a straight table with the information.

Straight Table example.JPG

The only thing I can think of is that the interval returns a dual so is the interval function returning two "types" but the interval value is the same?

We are on the November 2018 patch 1 release if that is important.  Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Interval alone is a formatting function... so although you display just mm, there might be seconds or date information attached to it... try this may be

=Interval#(Interval([Delivered Date] - [In Transit Date], 'mm'), 'mm')

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Interval alone is a formatting function... so although you display just mm, there might be seconds or date information attached to it... try this may be

=Interval#(Interval([Delivered Date] - [In Transit Date], 'mm'), 'mm')
wayne-a
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny, as always, you are spot on.  Thanks for the explanation and solution.  Solved!