Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Iphone/IOS - The App has been closed

Hi

A customer wants to use Iphone to assist their employees travelling around every day.

Top open the app and use it is no problem, but as soon as the screen goes black because of inactivity and you try to reopen it you get:

An error occured

The app has been closed. to continue working, please refresh app

Anyone know how we can avoid this, we need to have as few things to qlik on as possible before they can access the information.

Now we first have to qlik refresh and then choose the right sheet. Both of these should be avoided.

We have the same problem on both Safari and Chrome.

Please give me any ideas of how to improve this, if possible. I know this is mainly caused by IOS,

I'm not sure what causes this. Could be lost websocket connection.

The user don't have to login again, so the session is kept for some time.

Best regards
Knut Einar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ofer-wallach
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Knut,

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. The behavior you are seeing it because of the lose of the Websocket connections, and although the session cookie is still active, the active connection to the back side of Qlik Sense (Claude or enterprise). If you could find a way to prevent IOS from closing connections while it's 'going to sleep', that may resolve your issue.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Ofer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
eric_careta
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Knut,

Do you solve it? I have the same trouble :S

ofer-wallach
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Knut,

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. The behavior you are seeing it because of the lose of the Websocket connections, and although the session cookie is still active, the active connection to the back side of Qlik Sense (Claude or enterprise). If you could find a way to prevent IOS from closing connections while it's 'going to sleep', that may resolve your issue.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Ofer

Not applicable
Author

No, as Ofer said it's the way Apple behaves