Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertotutuy
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to transform data into QlikView Sense to generate qvd's? (¿Se pueden transformar datos en Qlik Sense para generar qvd's?)

Such all.

I'm starting with Qlik Sense and I want to know if they can generate transformations where data files are created and QlikView (qvd's) with STORE.

Required licensing and use of QlikSense QMC for this purpose?

Does the concept is referred to in this product?

Beforehand thank you very much. I hope you can help me with this doubt.

Regards.

RA

Translated with Google Translate - Qlik Community Administrative Team

Que tal todos.

Estoy comenzando con Qlik Sense y me interesa saber si se pueden generar transformaciones donde se crean archivos de datos como en Qlikview  ( qvd's)  con STORE.

¿Se requiere licenciamiento y utilizar QMC de QlikSense para este fin?

¿El concepto esta contemplado en este producto ?

De antemano muchas gracias.  Espero me puedan ayudar con esta duda.

Saludos.

RA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Roberto,

today QlikView 11 generated QVD's can be used by QlikView and Qlik Sense. Qlik Sense generated QVD's can only be used by Qlik Sense. But when QlikView 12 will be available a little later this year, we will have the same QVD format. So even if you create a QVD in Qlik Sense, you will be able to use it in QlikView 12.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Roberto,

today QlikView 11 generated QVD's can be used by QlikView and Qlik Sense. Qlik Sense generated QVD's can only be used by Qlik Sense. But when QlikView 12 will be available a little later this year, we will have the same QVD format. So even if you create a QVD in Qlik Sense, you will be able to use it in QlikView 12.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform
robertotutuy
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank You Thomas. Your response was very useful.

Regards.