Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there an easy way to import the datamodel behind a Qlik Sense app into a QlikView 11 app ?

One of the questions in the IT Director scenario is about reusing Qlik Sense apps in QlikView 11. The answer says that you can reuse the model and expressions. Is there an easy way to import these in a QlikView 11 app ?

10 Replies
qlikplaut
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello JF,

Check out this thread

Qlik Sense Desktop - Converting a QlikView Data Model (video)

I haven't done this for the expressions, I'm actually quite curious about that too.

Best regards,

Bogdan

jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

This thread explains how to convert a QlikView 11 into a Qlik Sense model, but not the opposite...

What I'm looking for, is an easy way to reuse what has been created in Qlik Sense into QlikView 11...

philip_doyne
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Surely the script is all in the data model viewer. Can you not just cut and paste it into QlikView 11?

Philip Doyne

Technical Director, QlickiT Ltd

Mob: 07930 401440

Century Business Centre, Rotherham

South Yorkshire, S63 5DA.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

But this will not work if you have Qlik Sense created QVD files as source..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Sure you can, but if there are 20 different tabs, that means you will have to manually create 20 tabs in QlikView 11, and then repeat the copy-paste operation 20 times, which could be time consuming.

A single export/import operation, or the direct import of the QVF file into QlikView 11 would be much more convenient...

jfdierckx
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Do you mean QlikView 11 cannot read QVD files generated by Qlik Sense ?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Right.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
philip_doyne
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In QV11 there is the Export script option which puts all the script from all tabs into a single text file. I guess this would be a small enhancement to Sense which you could push for. Does anyone know a way to do this "under the bonnet"at the moment it might not be very widely used but could be useful for transferring script between sense apps. I doubt all users will always do everything withdraw and drop only!

Philip Doyne

Technical Director, QlickiT Ltd

Mob: 07930 401440

Century Business Centre, Rotherham

South Yorkshire, S63 5DA.

Not applicable

I have same issue. Did anyone solve the way to export Sense Apps into QV 11?