Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomerShal
Contributor
Contributor

Isolated calculation within a table

Hey guys,

I have a straight table object inside a dashboard that shows currencies and sales, looks like this:

Currency          Sales

JPY                     1000

CAD                    2000

I also have a Country field, and I want to set another column showing the sales of the specific currency, divided by the whole sales of the relevant country, so CAD will be the sales in CAD / all the sales in Canada, and the sales in Canada also happen in different currencies. I also have a field telling what's the native country for each currency.

How can I do this calculation,  without the denominator taking into account the row's currency, and just refer to the country?

Thank you!

Labels (3)
3 Replies
lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This should work

Sum(Sales) / Sum(total <Country> Sales)

I'm assuming that Country is the first dimension in the table (ex. Country, Currency, Sales).

Let me know if that worked.

TomerShal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the answer, but the Currency is the first field in the table, and country is not in the table at all (for reasons). So the question is how to do it when the Currency is the key, thanks

lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I can make an example for you if you can give me a sample of your data. Please post an excel file of some of the data. If you'd like to send it to me privately, just message me.