Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with Counting Distinct

Hello,

I am trying to count distinct 'Call: Call ID' using set analysis. I have include the script I am using below. However, when I use this method, I am missing about 30 records from the data set. I have confirmed that there should be 241 records returned but I am only getting 210. Is there something wrong with my script? Any other suggestions as I am stuck...

Thanks.

Count(distinct{$<[Liason Type]-={'FME','AML'},[Product: Description]={'Apples'},Objective-={'Presentations'}>} [Call: Call ID])

Labels (1)
27 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to check this out? Expression in itself doesn't look wrong.

Not applicable
Author

Sure. Would you like a sample of the data set?

Not applicable
Author

Sure. Would you like a sample of the data I am using or other?

sunny_talwar

Qvw or Excel data will work. If you are providing Excel, please let us know the dimensions you have used

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Do you have NULLs in your fields you are trying to filter?

And you don't have active selections in your model?

Also have a look at

Excluding values in Set Analysis

Not applicable
Author

There may be a few NULLs in the dataset but I am not trying to filter these.

I am trying to build a line graph that shows number of interactions per month over a period of time. I just want the graph and do not need/want selection filters on this particular sheet.

I will check out the link provided.

Thanks.

sunny_talwar

The attached doesn't have a field called Liason Type, don't know if that is important or not but you have used that in your expression. Without using that, I am getting a distinct count of 503.

Used this expression:

=Count({$<[Product: Description]={'Apples'}, Objective-={'Presentations'}>} DISTINCT [Call: Call ID])

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! Yes, I get this number when just counting in Excel and removing duplicates. This tells me the script is working in this case. However, then I apply the script to my other data set, I still only get 210 records and there should be 238 (I counted manually). This is very strange...

sunny_talwar

What is that extra part? Can we have that too to check?