Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
Not applicable

Issue with Counting Distinct

Hello,

I am trying to count distinct 'Call: Call ID' using set analysis. I have include the script I am using below. However, when I use this method, I am missing about 30 records from the data set. I have confirmed that there should be 241 records returned but I am only getting 210. Is there something wrong with my script? Any other suggestions as I am stuck...

Thanks.

Count(distinct{$<[Liason Type]-={'FME','AML'},[Product: Description]={'Apples'},Objective-={'Presentations'}>} [Call: Call ID])

27 Replies

Re: Issue with Counting Distinct

Would you be able to share a sample to check this out? Expression in itself doesn't look wrong.

Not applicable

Sure. Would you like a sample of the data set?

Not applicable

Sure. Would you like a sample of the data I am using or other?

Qvw or Excel data will work. If you are providing Excel, please let us know the dimensions you have used

MVP
MVP

Do you have NULLs in your fields you are trying to filter?

And you don't have active selections in your model?

Also have a look at

Excluding values in Set Analysis

Not applicable

There may be a few NULLs in the dataset but I am not trying to filter these.

I am trying to build a line graph that shows number of interactions per month over a period of time. I just want the graph and do not need/want selection filters on this particular sheet.

I will check out the link provided.

Thanks.

The attached doesn't have a field called Liason Type, don't know if that is important or not but you have used that in your expression. Without using that, I am getting a distinct count of 503.

Used this expression:

=Count({$<[Product: Description]={'Apples'}, Objective-={'Presentations'}>} DISTINCT [Call: Call ID])

Not applicable

Thanks! Yes, I get this number when just counting in Excel and removing duplicates. This tells me the script is working in this case. However, then I apply the script to my other data set, I still only get 210 records and there should be 238 (I counted manually). This is very strange...

What is that extra part? Can we have that too to check?