Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Issue with comparing rows on different tables

Hello,

I'm working on some Set analysis to check performance of customers post-sale.

My data model includes a table for Sale (and other) events, and a table for person check-ins. They are linked by a 'PERSON_ID' field.

I made a measure to count the number of check-ins a person has on the first 21 days after a sale. I ended up with this set analisys statement:

count({<Person_DateTime = {"=CHECK_IN_DATE>=DATE and CHECK_IN_DATE<=DATE+21"}, EVENT_TYPE={'SALE'}, DATE = {">$(vPreviousMonthEnd)"}>} distinct Person_DateTime)

Date : Date field on my Events (Sales) table.

CHECK_IN_DATE : Date field on my checkins table.

Person_DateTime: Unique identifier of a checkin.

let vPreviousMonthEnd = '=MonthEnd(AddMonths(max(DATE),-1))';

The variable vPreviousMonthEnd is used to only count the checkins of sales in MTD

This seems to work fine when a person has had only a single sale. It properly counts the number of checkins in the first 21 days after the sale.

However, in cases where the person has had more than 1 sale, I'm getting no results, unless I limit the sales using a selection (E.g. on the DATE field).

Can someone please explain this behavior?

How could I change my measure to work with persons with multiple sales?

Thanks in advance 

Message was edited by: Daniel Balchasan Added a QVF with test data and the measure I'm using,

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Issue with comparing rows on different tables

Please post a smaller Qlik Sense app that illustrates the problem. Fake data is fine as long as it's representative of your real data model.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Community Browser