Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikplaut
Partner - Contributor III

KML file not loading

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to load the KML file with romanian counties(ROU_adm1.kml) into a Sense app, but the load editor does not recognize the file. It works with the world.kml or other kml files.

I tried checking the file on the website KML Viewer  

and it shows properly but Sense would not take it. Anybody else encountered this problem? Is there a workaround of some sort?

Thank you in advance,

Bogdan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Bogdan,

Seems like there's "something" in the KML that Qlik Sense doesn't like, I pulled it into Google Earth and converted it. Try the attached file

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Bogdan,

I once encountered the same problem with the KML file. I was using the QuickMap extension for loading US states.The solution was putting the .kml file in the extension folder under the path:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects\quickMap\

Hope this resolves the issue.

Regards,

Sonya

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Bogdan,

Seems like there's "something" in the KML that Qlik Sense doesn't like, I pulled it into Google Earth and converted it. Try the attached file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bogdan,

When I run the KML file through a XML parser it complains that the file is not UTF-8 and get the error:

file:///C:/Users/bvk/Downloads/ROU_adm1.kml:3483: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !

Bytes: 0xE2 0x6D 0x62 0x6F

<name>Dâmbovita</name>

^

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks for the clarification, Bas! I didn't take the time investigating why the original file failed to work, but always good to know the root-cause of it.

qlikplaut
Author

Hi guys,

Bjorn, thank you so much for fixing the file. It works like a charm now

Bas, i think I can understand why. The files were downloaded from a Romanian site, I think that's why it had one of the counties spelled that way.

Thank you both for your help, this fixed file will be very useful to the other romanian developers that will encounter this problem.

Kind regards,

Bogdan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you guys have ROU_adm 2 (meaning level 2) the smaller counties (UAT). I can only find big files (like 35 MB) and Qlik Sense does not load such big files.

Thanks

PS: thanks for solving the ROU_adm 1 file, it works just fine. (indeed two of the counties had "special characters" in it)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bjorn Wedbrat I just pulled a KML file from google and with locations of my company's employees address and I can't load it into qlik sense.It does not give any error but simply not loading.

Can you help me?