Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

KPI Object - custom formatting by using NUM function issue

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with the way KPI Object in the QlikSense v2.0.01 (Build 46.QSM12-CIGS) interprets the custom formatting created by the NUM function within the expression.

From the attached example, let's have a list box "Scale"

Untitled.png

By selecting a value I want the output to be formatted according to this expression:

Untitled.png

It works fine within the Text Object (1000000000 selected):

Untitled.png

However it doesn't work within the KPI Object

Untitled.png

For me it looks like a bug, but maybe I'm just missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Janusz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Janusz, Sunny is correct. I just logged this in our tracking system. It is not a bug, but the behavior for the custom format pattern does not seem to except dynamic labels based on the value. I will update this when I learn more.

Thanks for providing a working sample too, much appreciated 🙂

For your reference: QLIK-37201

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

It seems that currently this functionality is not available for the KPI Object. There is only a way to give static number formatting (k or M or B), and cannot make them dynamic. Check this link: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/KPI/KPI-proper... OBJECT

It doesn't mention it directly, but between the lines seems to mean that.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks a mill for your prompt reply.

If that's a true then it's a strange one.

Dear Michael Tarallo(mto‌‌) would you advise, please?

Thanks,

Janusz

sunny_talwar

Janusz -

I agree that is strange and I am sure Michael will be able to give us better idea of what I am interpreting is right or not. I think Qlik Sense is still in its early stages and new features like these will be (and should be) added as we see newer version of Qlik Sense.

Best,

Sunny

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Janusz, Sunny is correct. I just logged this in our tracking system. It is not a bug, but the behavior for the custom format pattern does not seem to except dynamic labels based on the value. I will update this when I learn more.

Thanks for providing a working sample too, much appreciated 🙂

For your reference: QLIK-37201

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paulosoares
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi mto‌ . Looks like this issue still persists on Qlik Sense June 2017 Patch 1 version.

Any news about this fix?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Paulo - let me check.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Paulo,

In the September release the will be a new number formatting option that makes it possible to format by an expression.

Here is an example with your app

measure expression.PNG

If you have access to the technical preview you can check it out.

Best regards,

Patrik.

dvarner22
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Patrick,

So is there no workaround in the June 2017 version?

I don't want to have to upgrade a clients server version just for this so Im hoping there is a workaround?

Regards

Darryn