Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

suryajeganathan
New Contributor III

Last Year QTD

Hi

I am using the below QTD formula for the Last Financial Quarter. When i filter out for the different quarter it has to show the respective last quarter data. But its not showing right . Logically for the current fiscal quarter i have almost 2 months data so even for the prior QTD it has to take only 2 months like the current FY quarter. But its taking entire last quarter data.

=SUM({< fiscal_quarter, Date ={">=$(=date(QuarterStart(Today(),-4))) <=$(=date(QuarterEnd(Today(),-4)))"}>}

accessories_revenue)

Fiscal Quarter Format : FY16'Q1

Please help me fix this?

Thanks in Advance

10 Replies
dwforest
Valued Contributor

Re: Last Year QTD

Your expression tells it to take up to the end of the current quarter - 4, not up to today date of last year.

=SUM({< fiscal_quarter, Date ={">=$(=date(QuarterStart(Today(),-4))) <=$(=date(AddYears(Today(),-1)))"}>}

accessories_revenue)

suryajeganathan
New Contributor III

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

It's working for the last year QTD. But when i select the other Fiscal Quarter filter Its showing the same result of Last year QTD.

I want this to work dynamically when i select the other fiscal_quarter also.

Can you plz help me achieve that?

marco_barbolini
New Contributor II

Create a Table with all Quarter and a QuarterID (incremental integer) and than select the possibile quarter dynamicaly, somthing like this:

[QuarterId] = {$(=concat([QuarterId] - 1, ‘,’))}

suryajeganathan
New Contributor III

Hi Barbolini

I am looking for something handy ....

For Table creation i have to again go for the data load Due to 50 M data it will take lots of time for me to make the changes.

Can u plz suggest some other option?

marco_barbolini
New Contributor II

Starting from David exemple 

=SUM({< fiscal_quarter, Date ={">=$(=date(QuarterStart(Today(),-4))) <=$(=date(AddYears(Today(),-1)))"}>}

accessories_revenue)

The problem is “Today()” put somthing like “Max([YourDataFiel])” so this is dynamic based on selection, can this solve your problem? 

suryajeganathan
New Contributor III

Yes that helps...Tanq so much

suryajeganathan
New Contributor III

Hi

This expression is taking YTD  for all the quarter. But the values are not as expected . Is that the problem with the format of the Quarter column FY17'Q4?.

SUM({< fiscal_quarter, Date ={">=$(=date(QuarterStart(Today(),-4))) <=$(=date(AddYears(Today(),-1)))"}>}

accessories_revenue)

suryajeganathan
New Contributor III

Hi Guys

I think the expression finding difficult to understand the format of the Quarter.

Can anyone help me to fix this issue asap?

SUM({< fiscal_quarter, Date ={">=$(=date(QuarterStart(Today(),-4))) <=$(=date(AddYears(Today(),-1)))"}>}

accessories_revenue)

suryajeganathan
New Contributor III

The quarter column in the below format

FY17'Q2
Community Browser