Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Last years Basket size

Hello eveybody,

I'm working on key numbers and would like to get some help. On my dashboard, I have something that looks like this:
Skärmklipp.PNG

As you can see to the left (Net Sales), I have also calculated net sales from last year (the blue numbers right next to it). If I'd like to do the same with for an example Basket size, how do I do that? My expression for basket size is: "sum(Sales)/count(DISTINCT [%Order])" and the expression for last years sale is: "Sum({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year) -1)'}>} Sales)".

I would like to combine these expression somehow. Instead of Sales I'd like to put in the expression for Basket size, like this:

Sum({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year) -1)'}>}sum(Sales)/count(DISTINCT [%Order]))

But it doesn't work of course. How do I write this in the best possible way?

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Last years Basket size

I think you would need to apply the set expression to all aggregations:

sum({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year) -1)'}>}Sales) / count({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year) -1)'}>} DISTINCT [%Order])

Note that your current basket size seems to be calculated across all years available.

2 Replies
MVP
MVP

I think you would need to apply the set expression to all aggregations:

sum({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year) -1)'}>}Sales) / count({<Year = {'$(=Max(Year) -1)'}>} DISTINCT [%Order])

Note that your current basket size seems to be calculated across all years available.

Not applicable

Hi Swuehl,

Thank you VERY much! Your solution worked perfectly =) About my current Basket Size being calculated across all years available. The ones I'm doing it for wanted it that way.

Have a nice evening or day wherever you are =)

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

Community Browser