Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boryspower
Creator
Creator

Learning path/docs for Qlik Sense

Hello,

Could anyone try to describe the learning path for Qlik Sense? What are prerequisites for it (from developer point of view, when already knowing QlikView) and what should be the path step by step?

I could guess that it could look like this (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1. HTML5+CSS3

2. JavaScript basics

3. AngularJS

4. js/qlik library(s)

5. Qlik Sense Desktop

6. Qlik Sense Extensions and Mashups

1, 2 and 3 should not be a problem, because the knowledge is there on the internet, but what about js/qlik library, or other libraries needed? Is there any documentation for it? Internal file/js editor in Qlik Sense is still in beta, I would say... it's missing some features that would make development easier. Documentation on help.qlik.com is assuming that you already have knowledge about the qlik libraries... (I could be wrong here, but I feel like beeing thrown on the deep water when it comes to creating new mashup templates for example)

Thanks for help in advance...

Przemyslaw

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You seem to want to dive into the hard core programming first. I'd start by simple learning to use Qlik Sense Desktop itself: New to Qlik Sense Videos‌.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
boryspower
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I was working in Qlik Sense Desktop from the gui side, just yesterday found out about dev-hub side of it, so some of the videos from your link I will use for sure - thank you.

...but still I'd like to master it fully, so the "hard core programming" materials are also welcome here

Gysbert_Wassenaar

This should get you started on that front:

Integration and Mash-Ups and API (videos)

https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/developer/

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand