Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Lib Usage

Can any one know, What is the advantage of Lib defining(In Data Load Editor -> Create new connection-> Folder) than Relative paths in Qlikview?

When we change the environment, need to change the folder path related. It's tedious. Is there a better way to do this?

How can we change the Apps path in Qliksene. Always it is pointing to C:\Users\..\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The question of advantages and disadvantages is mostly philosophical. One clear advantage of using Data Connections is that in the Enterprise environment, Connections can be created and maintained by System Administrators, separately from developers. This is a huge advantage for larger organizations that require separation of duties.

In the Sense Desktop (I'm assuming you refer to the Desktop Edition), the default path is indeed pointing at C:\Users\..\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps. If you'd like to change it, you can do one of the two:

1. Change the location permanently by editing the file Settings.ini, stored under Qlik\Sense\. You can read more about this technique in my new book QlikView Your Business (page 676).

2. If you'd like to keep your QVF files in different folders, you can drag and drop your documents from their different locations onto the Sense Desktop, and they will be opened in Sense Desktop as usual and will be saved in the appropriate folder when you save them. The only difference is - they won't appear in the Hub.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The question of advantages and disadvantages is mostly philosophical. One clear advantage of using Data Connections is that in the Enterprise environment, Connections can be created and maintained by System Administrators, separately from developers. This is a huge advantage for larger organizations that require separation of duties.

In the Sense Desktop (I'm assuming you refer to the Desktop Edition), the default path is indeed pointing at C:\Users\..\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps. If you'd like to change it, you can do one of the two:

1. Change the location permanently by editing the file Settings.ini, stored under Qlik\Sense\. You can read more about this technique in my new book QlikView Your Business (page 676).

2. If you'd like to keep your QVF files in different folders, you can drag and drop your documents from their different locations onto the Sense Desktop, and they will be opened in Sense Desktop as usual and will be saved in the appropriate folder when you save them. The only difference is - they won't appear in the Hub.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply.