Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit access to Stories? By Section Access?

Hi,

I am collaborating with a client who works as a counsellor who wishes to use the Story-feature as an end-user-specific story/guideline developed individually to each of his end-users. This "Story" will be a huge part of his value proposition and is as such of great importance!

.. so i need to figure out a way to limit access to these stories so person A (Super-user and Sense admin) can create a number of specific stories for the end-users, and make sure that the end-user who logs in can only access his specific story. The governance structure would be the same as within the application where a section access on the data is needed - i just haven't heard anywhere of the possibility to limit access to the stories?

Example:

Stream A contains App A.

App A contains data for end-user 1,2,3 and 4.

App A has section access to end-user 1 can only see his own data

App A needs to have story 1, story 2, story 3 and story 4

end-user 1 should only be able to see story 1, hence blocking story 2 through 4.

Thanks Qlikxperts!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any help will do - a pointer towards someone who might know something, or a blog post containing something of relevance..

THANKS !

Not applicable
Author

Anyone?

Figured out a way (Thanks to another thread) to disable all access to all stories in the security rules for the streams, so now im trying to figure out a way to make new security rule(s) to grant access to specific stories..

At least this is my current chain of thought - any "easier" ways or other examples/ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thx

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rene,

a few months have passed, but I'm pretty new to Qlik Sense and looking for a way to disable all access to all stories..

My search ended up to this discussion you started, so I'm wondering if you're willing to help me out with this topic.

Many thanks in advance!

Mike

ShoNakajima
Employee
Employee

It's been a wile sinse last comments.

Now I as well am facing this issue.

Could anyone help with this?

Regards,

Sho