Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit dimension in aggregated chart

Hi.

I have such a strange problem:

I have aggregated chart (rangesum above fo months from the begining of data till now) and it is ok. But I need to see only last 12 months of it.

I cannot limit dimension for top 12 (months) becouse I need calculate all months.

Screens below. I hope anybody can help.

And if I limit this chart with dimension settings or set expression I will only get calculated last 12 months which is wrong.

19 Replies
sunny_talwar

But Sangram doing that just removes the axis labels. It still is squished to the right

Capture.PNG

Why would it not show only those months where we are showing the data?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Especially that date labels are needed

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Kamil, neither of the sample QVF is working for you?

Have you considered using an AsOf Table then?

Here is another document:

Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sunny,

In that case you can hide them, if you go to the add-ons panel in the properties of the line chart, you can uncheck the show zero values and they should be gone.

sunny_talwar

I already did that, and it is not going away for some reason

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This discussion is to fast for me. Youe second qvf is ok. Thanks. Now I need to understand it! Great thanks to You all

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sunny,

I believe its because of the table calculations which are being performed (Range sum) . There might be original values but the calculated ones are showing nulls and these are not being interpreted by the visualization.

Can we do the calculation in the data model itself?

Thanks,

Sangram.

sunny_talwar

It seems to be working in one version: Re: Limit dimension in aggregated chart‌, but not in our version?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@swuehl. I knew that your solution won't be easy for me. I'm not into set expression, so could you explain me what have you done with this calculation step by step? Especially with set expression. Don't hesitete to write here or (maybe more convenient mail klewandowski@solemis.com)

Only(

{<[Year-Month] = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max([Year-Month]), -12), 'YYYY-MM') & '<=' & Date(AddMonths(Max([Year-Month]), 0), 'YYYY-MM'))"}>}

Aggr( RangeSum(Above(Sum({<[Year-Month]>}Value), 0, RowNo()))

,([Year-Month], (NUMERIC, ASCENDING) )

)

)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Kamil,

it's well described in

Accumulative Sums

The sortable Aggr function is finally here!

If you have any further questions, just drop me a note