Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart Adjustment

Hi all,

I would like to ask the following, when I made a line chart under the chart a navigation a panel appeared what I wanted to hide since I can see the whole range of data, so scrolling is not needed I checked every setting but haven't find where I can turn it off, although I saw a CRM demo application where there was a line chart without this mini chart in the button

CRM app.:

https://sense-demo.qlik.com/site/sense/app/f4c0b132-8fb6-45be-89e0-9bd9e8dafb59/sheet/XqNVSgJ/state/....

picture attached.

Regards,

Daniel

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm not sure it's possible with a line chart that has a dimension with interval values like dates. You can try using a combi-chart instead and use a Line representation for the measure. The combi-chart doesn't support areas like the Line chart object alas.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gybert,

but how they were able to hide this in the CRM demo app, could you check the attached pic. it is line chart without this little (useless) 2nd chart.

thanks,

Dan

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No idea. I can see the result, but not how it was created. Perhaps the field used as dimension is not a date field and the chart is wide enough to show all the dimension values. Or they're using a calculated dimension. Perhaps they used an extension. I have no idea. If you really want to know ask Qlik by creating a support request on the support site.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like the responsive design bar chart shows what you call the little (useless) 2nd chart when it does not have enough space to show all the dimensional data points.

If under Appearance you set the X & Y axis Labels and title to None then the chart bit has more space..Does it then behave more like what you would prefer?

If I fiddle with the original viz object and window sizes then I can make the original line chart have what you call the little (useless) 2nd chart appear.  For this 2nd chart you can with the mouse use it to scroll the 1st chart left and right to see the data that does not fit in - this can be very useful in some scenarios.

ps. It is not an extension, but an Out of the Box Line Chart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

thanks,I don't think it is an extension because I copied it to my cloud and as far as i know it can not handle just the basic viz-s.

Trying to ask Qlik.

check the pic

mto

Regards,

Daniel

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel,

Bill and Gysbert are correct - it is not a setting - it is the responsive nature of the chart:

here is my browser window with that app - squeezed - you can see the mini reference chart at the bottom.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try disabling the Continuous axis setting.

c249548.png