Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart Unfiltered Dimension

Dear Community,

I am trying to have a fixed x-axis (time) and I would like to show only the data that is selected in the graph but not change the x-axis. At the same time I want to be able to select a date on the axis.

This is done by:

Sum({1}IF(Match(YEAR([ChartDateTime]), $(=GetFieldSelections([Jahr])) ),[PO value (custom)]))

and works fine.

However, I also want to show all data if nothing is selected.

I tried:

If(GetSelectedCount([Jahr])>0,

Sum({1}IF(Match(YEAR([ChartDateTime]), $(=GetFieldSelections([Jahr])) ),[PO value (custom)])),

Sum({1}[PO value (custom)])

)

But for some reason it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

GetFieldSelections returns null if nothing is selected, the $(=...) returns an empty string, so you have a syntax error. The expression works if something is selected, because then there is no syntax error.

You could try something like

Sum({1}IF(Index(YEAR([ChartDateTime]), '$(=Concat(DISTINCT ([Jahr])))'), [PO value (custom)])),

)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

GetFieldSelections returns null if nothing is selected, the $(=...) returns an empty string, so you have a syntax error. The expression works if something is selected, because then there is no syntax error.

You could try something like

Sum({1}IF(Index(YEAR([ChartDateTime]), '$(=Concat(DISTINCT ([Jahr])))'), [PO value (custom)])),

)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Jonathan!

Do you know if there might be a way to improve the performance of this task?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It's pretty hard to make specific suggestions without sight of your model and data.

Some general points to consider:

• Be aware that QV appears not to optimise or shortcut expressions, so both legs of the if clause may be recalculated every time you make selections
  • Sum(If()) statements perform poorly on large data sets. Consider refactoring the expressions using set analysis (you would need a Year field for example)
  • If the model structure means that the fields in these expressions come from different tables, consider flattening your table structure

HTH

Jonathan