Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillwoodley
Contributor III
Contributor III

Listbox with selected value that is based on a variable

- is there such a thing? I have seen many posts on the subject and downloaded many different extensions. These extensions will only let you select a value - not an expression.

Can anyone help i'm sure there must be an answer

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need to make your expression to a dimension with something like:

aggr(YourExpression, Dim1, Dim2)

Calculated Dimensions

- Marcus

jillwoodley
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Marcus for your help but i dont understand what you mean.

I have a list of dates [Internal Audit Date] as a dimension in a list box extension i have downloaded...:

then one of the options is always one selected value for which i have entered =max[Internal Audit Date] as below

this does nothing i have also tried using a variable vInternalAuditDate which doesnt work whereas if i enter 30/09/2016 it works - i assumed that as the box dosen't have a fx i cant use anything other than a value.

I have a page where it dosen't make sence to show the data for all dates at once, therfore i want to page to open with the last date, but allow the users to look back at the history. I don't really want to use the bookmark function.

Can you explain your answer a little more,

Many many thanks for your time

Jill

marcus_sommer

Try it with: date(max([Internal Audit Date]), 'DD/MM/YYYY') to get a formatted date and not just a number.

- Marcus

jillwoodley
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No that dosen't seem to work either...

date(max([Internal Audit Date]), 'DD/MM/YYYY')

for some reason the YYYY seems to be underlined in red.

Would you expect to be able to enter an expression in a filed without the Fx

marcus_sommer

Yes it could be that this field doesn't accept expressions - maybe you could use a variable which you creates within the script or maybe the Qlik Branch extension could also be used.

- Marcus

jillwoodley
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No it dosen't seem to accept variables either

Thanks for your help but this is not resolving my issue.

Do you know of anyother ways to have a page open with a predefined selection of the latest date?