Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msawyercke
Creator
Creator

Listing multiple values in a cell of a chart

Good Morning,

I have a chart in which I need to list values (unique unit numbers) that 'Fulfilled' an 'Obligation Due' that are required by certain dates.

In the following screen shot, you can see that I can get the unit number to list if there's only 1 unit number that fulfilled a single obligation on that date.  However, the chart doesn't list the Unit numbers if there are multiple "Fulfilled' obligations required by a certain date:

help.JPG

Ideally, it would be nice if the multiple fulfilled obligations could be displayed in their appropriate cell and separated by comma.

Thanks for any help/advice you can provide!!

5 Replies
msawyercke
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm just using a simple expression, per below:

Capture1.JPG

I'm hopeful there is a function to add into the expression that will allow multiple values in a cell..

Thanks, again!

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try with

Concat([PS # Fulfilled],',')

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your expression doesn't explicitly use an aggregation function. In that case the Only() function is used. And the only function can only return a value if there's only one possible value. That's why you see no result for the rows where there are two or more values. If you want a list of values you can use the concat function like Piet Hein van der Stigchelposted above..

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
msawyercke
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Piet and gysbert,

When I tried Piet's recommendation, this works on individual dates (thanks for that!).  But, now the problem is that I have totals turned on in the chart, and there's so many "Fulfilled" unit numbers, it makes the chart unreadable.  So, can I now suppress those 'Fulfilled' numbers from listing out in the "totals' line?

Concat Capture.JPG

Thanks, again!

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I'm afraid that I'm not that familiar with Sense, but .... Can you check the Dimensionality() function? It should give another value for the total so you can do something like

if(Dimensionality()>0,...