Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Looking for a way to "flip" a dimension

I'm working with my gym to start using Qlik Sense to track their high school athletes against norms. The norms for things like vertical jump, long jump, and SMBT are fine. But when it comes to races like the 20y or 300 meter, the visualization always shows the lowest score on the left and highest score on the right. But in this case, the LOWER score is better, so the segments show GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW, RED, which is counterintuitive to the client, especially because it is opposite from how the other data are presented. I was trying to find a way to "flip" the access, so it would start with the larger number and count down, but I couldn't make it work. Any help would be welcomed!

4 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jeff,

You cannot flip the Max and Min values in a gauge in QlikSense. So to meet your requirement, you need an extension.

I have developed an extension to fit such a cause and is available in QlikBranch. D3 Customizable Gauge . I would my extension to meet your requirement.

Check the Image below:

Untitled.png

You can download the extension from reddys10/SR-D3-Gauge · GitHub

Hope this helps!

-Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram - thanks for your reply! Sorry I'm taking so long to review and respond!

Your extension is awesome and I totally will "borrow" it for the future. But I was actually looking for a way to swap the min/max bounds on the gauge in the upper left of your image - the horizontal bar. I needed red to be on the left and green to be on the right. I may try and pick apart your .js and see if I can alter it. But I'm definitely not a coder by trade. It's probably fairly easy, but I found that inherently in your extension, I wasn't able to switch from gauge view to bar view.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the kind words. I have actually built it for my project requirement and never got time to build a bar one for this. Let me know if you need any help while building an extension

Thanks,

Sangram

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Also it would be helpful if you have a look at the extension existing in Qlik Branch.