Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balarajuhari
Contributor II
Contributor II

Lost changes in Qlik Sense June 2018 enterprise edition

Dear Folks,

This is second instance that i have lost all my changes in QS June 2018. I have imported an app from Desktop to Server edition few days back and then making changes in Enterprise edition. It all went fine till yesterday. All of sudden my 24hrs work is lost though i have pressed 'Done' for each change i have made.

Few observations below:

1. I observed there was some misalignment in grid size of the object. I tried to rearrange things, but the page is struck. I closed the window and reopened the app. That's it. All the objects in that page are gone !

2. I Could see objects are present in the page preview (in App overview), but when i open the sheet, no objects are appearing.

3. I tried to refresh the page, opened in different (Chrome) browser, but no luck !

4. We are using True Chart Menu Bar extension, but no issue observed with it.

Though I believe QS is evolving in the market day by day, these kind of glimpses can not be tolerated as it's impacting business timeliness and we as Qlik Developers getting demotivated.

If anyone encountered the same issue and found any solution, request you to share it with me. Also please let me know if there is any backup taken in the server to get the lost changes.

P.S: The app is not published to any stream.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
balarajuhari
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We checked with the vendor. There is a bug in June 2018 version. This bug will be fixed in next release (June 2018 patch1). However there is a workaround for this issue. After clicking on 'edit', 'extend sheet' from sheet properties will bring back the objects.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
balarajuhari
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Few more observations below:

5. The blank page (apparently) where objects are lost (invisible) is not allowing me to create any other objects. Hence I can say the objects are still there in that page but are invisible.

6. I could see the KPIs developed in that lost page are available in Dev Hub for Mashup creation. I don't know if there is a way to recover the objects in the dashboard. Please suggest.

7. Same issue occurred to one more developer in my organization. My app size is very low (Around 5 MB). Still I was facing latency issue while developing. Does it indicate any architecture (infra) issue in the server and hence the issue occured?

deniscamh
Creator
Creator

Hi Balaraju,

If you recently updated Qlik Sense version try to update the extension as well.

Go to the branch and download latest version.

That might help.

Denis

balarajuhari
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Denis,

Yes, we already updated the extension and there is no issue with it. But the problem is with page lost (objects are invisible, though objects are present in the page).

We checked with the vendor. There is a bug in June 2018 version. This bug will be fixed in next release (June 2018 patch1). However there is a workaround for this issue. After clicking on 'edit', 'extend sheet' from sheet properties will bring back the objects.

balarajuhari
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

deniscamh
Creator
Creator

Thanks  Balaraju,

The extension update worked for me with invisible objects, however some extensions are showing as Invalid object.

I will try a trick you suggested and see if that helps.

Thanks