Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brip51
Creator
Creator

Make Matched Value the Current Selection

Hi,

I have an app I am working on.  I have an input variable box that allows a user to input a string.  I have an ID value in my data that is always 10 characters. My goal is to match and select an ID based on what the user inputs.  I take the input and substring it to 10 characters (Left(vInput,10)).  I can then match it to my ID.  After I do that I need to make that matched ID the currently selected ID. That is where I am stuck.  

For example -

User pastes the value FDPZ135679xxx into the input variable box.

I take that and say -

If(MixMatch(ID(Left(('$(vInput)',10)=1,ID))

Then I can display the ID, but I need to make that matched ID the current selection.

Is there a way to do that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could look into the Qlik Sense Dashboard Bundle Navigation buttons. Besides navigation you can use then to make selections in your data model.

Read more about it here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Dashboar...

Brip51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thanks for the response.

I took a look at this,but I did not see how this would work for me.  Maybe I am not understanding how this could work ?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

My thought was that after you pasted the variable into your input box then
you could trigger the selection by pressing a button that is configured to
selecting values according to your criteria.
Brip51
Creator
Creator
Author

Ah.... Yes that is what I thought.  It makes sense, but I can display the matched value and they could just click on that to select so one would be the same as the other as far as users are concerned.  

What I am trying to do after all the logic is done is display a table IF any ID is selected 

OR 

IF the user enters an a value and it matches an ID

It is a strange user requirement and I really haven't figured out a way to do it.