cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Map Visualisations - Multiple layers, Origin + Destination country, Logistics

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a map visualisation.

I have one table with assignment data. Each assignment has a Origin country and a Destination Country(each assignment is a international transport).

I have managed to make a map showing all assignments / origin country and the same for Destination country.

But now I need a map showing all transports in and out of each country. I have not found a way to combine the data.

Any Ideas?

Data model is in the picture. I have Geo points for origin and destination in 2 different tables. Skärmavbild 2016-01-15 kl. 09.14.12.png

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Oskar

8 Replies
vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

as of now i guess map will take only one measure, either u cab show origin details or departure details at a time. or side by side u can create 2 maps one with origin & one with departure.. anyway i had not worked on qliksense map yet.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Oskar,

I am assuming that you would like to show the connections between two locations. For this you will have to make use of an extension and cannot be down with the existing map object. I would suggest you to have a look at the extensions in Qlik Branch.

You can even build one using D3.js and use the libraries in https://flowingdata.com/2011/05/11/how-to-map-connections-with-great-circles/ this url to draw connections between cities.

Let me know if you need help building this extension.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

At this stage I don't need lines between the countries. Only need to have Import+export shipments shown / country.

But I might build an app showing the lines between the countries in the future.

Regards

Oskar

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Oskar,

In that case make use of GeoMakePoint(Lat,Long) for both the Import and Export shipment locations.

This should solve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

I have tried, but it seams I can only choose to show either import or export stats on one map. Not both at the same time?

Regards

Oskar

Not applicable
Author

Only one set of Geo points in a point layer..

I would like to have the geo points for both the import and export stats in the same layer..

As it is now I have to make 2 maps one for import stats and one for export stats and show then beside each other.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Oskar,

That's true, you cannot yet add multiple layers. I would suggest you to go with an extension for this purpose.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Oskar,

I would do it this way.

Create a table with all the points info and an extra flag filed which says if its an import or an export location. Then once plotted I would colour it based on this flag.

If you face issues just attach a sample qvf and I will help you solve it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.