Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
Highlighted
m_perreault
Contributor III

Master Items Not Appearing in Published App

Hi All,

I am experiencing a strange issue.  When I publish an app all of the Master Dimensions and Master Measures are not in the published app.  The master visualizations are available but there are no Dimensions or Measures.  Has anyone else experienced this issue and know how to solve.  We use SecurityRules to control sheet level access in the published app, I am not sure how that would affect visibility of Master Items however.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Master Items Not Appearing in Published App

Hey Mark,

> We use SecurityRules to control sheet level access in the published app, I am not sure how that would affect visibility of Master Items however

This absolutely can impact master items (dimensions, measures, visualizations) as they are just App.Objects like Sheets are. Can you share the rule or rules that you use to control sheet level access?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hey Mark,

> We use SecurityRules to control sheet level access in the published app, I am not sure how that would affect visibility of Master Items however

This absolutely can impact master items (dimensions, measures, visualizations) as they are just App.Objects like Sheets are. Can you share the rule or rules that you use to control sheet level access?

View solution in original post

m_perreault
Contributor III

Hi Levi thanks for your answer.  I did not realize we were not giving users access to App.Objects for Measures and Dimensions. Thanks!

Employee
Employee

Cool cool. For future folks reading here, the App.Object values which scope to Master Items (from https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/avail...😞 are:

• dimension = Master dimension
  • measure = Master measure
  • masterobject = Master visualization