Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

jonathanruiz
New Contributor III

Maximum period per year with expansion sign

Hello, I have this problem, when I apply a formula to the following years MonthName(Max(Periodo), it returns the last month of the year with data, which is correct, but doing so in this way '$(=MonthName(Max(Periodo)))', brings me the total value, could someone help me, I need the Value in quotation marks for a set analysis  Thank you

I get this.png   expected.png

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daveamz01
Contributor III

Re: Maximum period per year with expansion sign

Hi Jonathan,

The difference between the $() expressions and the ones without $() is that the first is evaluated globally, for the entire data set. The latter is evaluated for each row, thus is taking into account the dimensions used in the table.

Have a look at the attached file. Is not the best solution, but I hope it will provide you with some useful hints.

Regards,

David

6 Replies
antoniotiman
Honored Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

'$(=MonthName(Max(Periodo)))' is evaluated once per chart.

Regards,

Antonio

vinieme12
Esteemed Contributor II

try without the equal sign

$(MonthName(Max(Periodo)))

daveamz01
Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

The difference between the $() expressions and the ones without $() is that the first is evaluated globally, for the entire data set. The latter is evaluated for each row, thus is taking into account the dimensions used in the table.

Have a look at the attached file. Is not the best solution, but I hope it will provide you with some useful hints.

Regards,

David

jonathanruiz
New Contributor III

thanks for your answer Antonio

jonathanruiz
New Contributor III

I already tried, thanks for your answer Vinneeth

jonathanruiz
New Contributor III

Thank you very much for your answer, it is very useful to solve the problem that I have, thanks David

Community Browser