Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Measure expressions that calc using select dim ranges

I've got two tables that are joined by a key.  One table has events the other dates.  The dates table is the dimension and the events table is used to calculate the measure.  The measure I want to calculate is events per day.  Such that, if the user selects 7 days and 7 events happened during that 7 day period the measure would be 1 event / day.  The problem that I've run into is that if no events occurred until the 7th and final day my metric calculates out to 7 events per day because only one day had a corresponding record in the dates table.  The first 6 days had no events and were excluded from the denominator.  Here's the expression I was trying to use.  max([Event Date]) - min([Event Date]) What I really need is the max(selected value from date table) - min(selected value from date table)

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply

Re: Measure expressions that calc using select dim ranges

Is event date not equal to date from date table? I am not sure I am understanding your question. Can you elaborate and if possible share a sample?

Community Browser