Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valpassos
Creator III
Creator III

Measuring events based on versions (v1.0, 2.0,...)

Hi community,

I have a fact table recording events happening at different versions. Like, features (like product features, in code) implemented in v1.0, v2.0,… To each particular version corresponds certain events.  For example, a feature in v2.0 could correspond to a fixing of a bug.

The bug has versions as well: the bug is created  in v0.1 and treated in v1.0, when a particular feature is released in v2.0 (for example).

A bug has all the attributes of a feature, and to each feature we have a serious of bugs (like a parent-child relationship).

In my visualizations, I need to be able to capture all the dates and events by feature version.

For example:

Feature is created in version 0.1.

Feature is released in v1.0.

Bug starts its lifecycle when feature is released, so it's v0.1 to bug and v1.0 to feature.

Feature suffers an update and its next release happens at 2.0.

Other bugs start theirs lifecycle at this point. I need to see, for each feature version, what bugs I have associated.

My fact table is recorded at a bug level, and I need to be able to see what is happening by feature version. For example: how many days have passed since the release of a version until the bug is fixed?

How would you model such scenario?

How can I, in the same analysis, access the Feature creation date/release version date and Bug creation/fixed version date at the same time?

Thanks!,

Lisa

Labels (2)
0 Replies