Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Median without AGGR: Performance Issues

Hi All,

In my dashboard i am calculating median value for No of days spent at hospital for patients as per the drugs,

So the metric which i am using is :

median(aggr([No of days],Patient,Drug))

But this is really killing the performance of my dashboard.

Does anyone has any other alternative for this median calculations without using AGGR functions.

Regards

Khushboo

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you have duplicate rows for No of days for a combination of Patient and Drug? This alone isn't working? Median(No of days])

Not applicable
Author

No this alone wont work because we need median at patient level for each product.

sunny_talwar

Do you have a sample you can share?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you have a table with Patient and Drug as dimensions, then the simple =Median([No of days]) will do what you require.

If you use a straight table, you can then decide how to handle the total (an expression total is probably wrong, or you can sum/average/... the rows, or have no total).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

No we cant use patient as a dimension.

We have only Drug as a dimension.

sunny_talwar

I am not even sure what you are trying to get and that is why I recommend showing an example out of QlikView to explain what is that you are looking to get.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

PFA attached sample qvw for median .

Let me know if there is a way to avoid AGGR.

sunny_talwar

Not sure if you don't have an inner aggregation in your real scenario, but this isn't even right... take a look at this

Capture.PNG

A is associated with two patients with two different NoOfDays.... and since the no of days don't match, the inner part of your expression is 0 for Drug A. Is this really what you want?

Not applicable
Author

All i want is to calculate median value for No of days spent at hospital for patients as per the drugs.

But patients should be inner aggregation . Patient is not a dimension in straight table.