Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctrimborn
Contributor
Contributor

Merging a field with several data entries to 1 field

Hi there, 

I’m puzzling on a problem for which you might have a simple solution.

I have 2 tables which I'd like to join. In the 1st table I have the production order with different operations. The combination of the order number and an operation is the object No. and on each single combination I’d like to do a comparision of planned versus actual hours.

In the 2nd table I have different status to this object No (in 1 column) and if I combine these 2 tables I have multiple entries, which I want to prevent.

So, I thought I’d like to join the serveral status (which are saved in several data cells) into 1 field and combine this new field via the object No with table 1. With the filter function I can filter the requested status and do the planned / actual comparison.

Is that possible? Is there maybe a script function like crosstable for such a task? Please check the attached excel, it's difficult to explain. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Best regards

Christine 

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

TRy something like this.

LOAD
Auftragsnummer,
Vorgang,
[Objekt-Nummer],
[Plan Stunden],
IstStunden
FROM Tabelle1;

LEFT JOIN LOAD
[Objekt-Nummer],
Concat(Status, ' ' ) as Status
FROM
Tabelle2;

The key here is the Concat-function: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/StringAggr...

ctrimborn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

YES! It's working 🙂

Thanks a lot and greetings from snowy Switzerland 

Christine