Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_m
Partner - Contributor III

Message in the app if no filter has been selected yet?

Hi Folks,

it is possible to insert a Message such as a prompt, that activated such as I want to link to an other worksheet and "NO" Filter (I am especially interested in the annual filter) is selected. For a better understanding:

In picture A, my Filter is on 2017 and everything is good.

A)

In picture B, no Filter is activated and I would like to get an warning-message, that tells me, I have to set a Filter.

B)

Thanks!
Greetings,

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Pick any chart, or kpi object that you think should display the message. The find the Calculation Condition in the Add-ons section of the properties of that object. Enter an expression that returns 1 or 0 as calculation expression and enter a custom text in the Displayed message property.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try leveraging the Calculation condition of an object. You can customize the message that's shown when the calculation condition isn't fulfilled.

tim_m
Author

Thanks,

please can you go in more detail?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Pick any chart, or kpi object that you think should display the message. The find the Calculation Condition in the Add-ons section of the properties of that object. Enter an expression that returns 1 or 0 as calculation expression and enter a custom text in the Displayed message property.