Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikmark1990
Contributor III
Contributor III

'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: Invalid column name' at given SQL variable

I have an SQL script that has to run in QlikSense to fetch the needed data for my application. First I defined some SQL variables to use in the script. When I run the script:

SET vgl = 'MATE1';
LET vglId = 1;
LET startTS = 'null';
LET endTS = 'null';

LIB CONNECT TO 'db02';

SQL

select a.id, a.patientNummer, a.achternaam, a.tussenvoegsel, a.voorletters, a.geboortedatum, a.geslacht, a.email, a.opmerkingx,
       a.geblokkeerd, a.startDatum, a.bsn, a.meettrajectId, a.afgebroken, a.typeTraject, a.trajectStatus, a.taal, a.moment, a.startDatumMoment, a.ingestuurd,
       cast(a.score as numeric(5,2)) as score, a.eenheid, a.opmerking, a.schaalid, a.schaalnaam, a.volgnrInSchaalInt, a.volgnrInLijst, a.vglnaam, a.momentNr
       from
(
select *, null as opmerkingx
       from rom.vwOutputForAnalyseRom
where vglnaam = $(vgl) and startDatumMoment between isnull($(startTS), '2000-01-01') and isnull($(endTS), '2040-01-01')) as a;

I receive the error:

De volgende fout is opgetreden:

Connector reply error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: Invalid column name 'MATE1'.

When I change the line:

where vglnaam = $(vgl) and startDatumMoment between isnull($(startTS), '2000-01-01') and isnull($(endTS), '2040-01-01')

to

where vglnaam = 'MATE1' and startDatumMoment between isnull($(startTS), '2000-01-01') and isnull($(endTS), '2040-01-01')

I don't get an error anymore but by this way I don't use the variable $(vgl). How do I use the variable properly in this script?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Whenever, We are working with SQL and Qlik. They will work there own way not altogether. So, You can't use SET and LET variables into SQL queries. Instead using Resident load will deserve.
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You need to include the quotes:

where vglnaam = '$(vgl)' and startDatumMoment between isnull($(startTS), ....
Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein