Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

Mimic default color spectrum with ColorMix?

Hi everyone,

I want to see if anyone has a ColorMix2 (or more complex set of if statements) that will replicate the default dark blue - light blue - yellow - red gradient?

My need is to generate colors in a map with an expression, not by measure.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jleach2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Jon,

I created a parameter for a project that should help you. It takes the min and max of a numeric range (unlike colormix) and six hexadecimal codes (also unlike colormix). Also, the use of six color codes returns more variation.

It's best applied in a table because you have to call column, but it works on some other charts.

Script:

// Create variable w/ parameters
// 1 = column number (number of measure in object, not including dimensions)
// 2 = min of numeric range
// 3 = max of numeric range
// 4-9 = six hexadecimal codes in ascending order (from color associated w/ min to color associated w/ max)

SET pColormix6_hex = IF(COLUMN($1)<($3-(($3-$2)/2)),IF(COLUMN($1)<$2,'$4',COLORMIX2(((COLUMN($1)-($3-(($3-$2)/2)))/(($3-$2)/4))+1,RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$4',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$4',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$4',6,2)),'(HEX)'))),RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$6',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$6',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$6',6,2)),'(HEX)'))),RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$5',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$5',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$5',6,2)),'(HEX)'))))),IF(COLUMN($1)>$3,'$9',COLORMIX2(((COLUMN($1)-($3-(($3-$2)/2)))/(($3-$2)/4))-1,RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$7',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$7',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$7',6,2)),'(HEX)'))),RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$9',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$9',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$9',6,2)),'(HEX)'))),RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$8',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$8',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$8',6,2)),'(HEX)'))))));

Chart:

=$(pColormix6_hex($1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9))

Chart Example:

=$(pColormix6_hex(1,3,6,#AE1C3E,#ED875E,#F2D2AE,#D1EBFB,#5EA4D9,#3C52A1))

Hope that helps,
Jason

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

We have default feature to create ColeMix() in Qlikview where as If you are familiar to write the expression in Qliksense. Well and good. Could you try in View and then copy paste it here.

Make sure, That you are using color set with yours instead default.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I am using Qlik Sense not Qlik View, so how would a function from Qlik View help me?

jleach2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Jon,

I created a parameter for a project that should help you. It takes the min and max of a numeric range (unlike colormix) and six hexadecimal codes (also unlike colormix). Also, the use of six color codes returns more variation.

It's best applied in a table because you have to call column, but it works on some other charts.

Script:

// Create variable w/ parameters
// 1 = column number (number of measure in object, not including dimensions)
// 2 = min of numeric range
// 3 = max of numeric range
// 4-9 = six hexadecimal codes in ascending order (from color associated w/ min to color associated w/ max)

SET pColormix6_hex = IF(COLUMN($1)<($3-(($3-$2)/2)),IF(COLUMN($1)<$2,'$4',COLORMIX2(((COLUMN($1)-($3-(($3-$2)/2)))/(($3-$2)/4))+1,RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$4',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$4',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$4',6,2)),'(HEX)'))),RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$6',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$6',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$6',6,2)),'(HEX)'))),RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$5',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$5',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$5',6,2)),'(HEX)'))))),IF(COLUMN($1)>$3,'$9',COLORMIX2(((COLUMN($1)-($3-(($3-$2)/2)))/(($3-$2)/4))-1,RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$7',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$7',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$7',6,2)),'(HEX)'))),RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$9',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$9',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$9',6,2)),'(HEX)'))),RGB(NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$8',2,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$8',4,2)),'(HEX)')),NUM(NUM#(UPPER(MID('$8',6,2)),'(HEX)'))))));

Chart:

=$(pColormix6_hex($1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9))

Chart Example:

=$(pColormix6_hex(1,3,6,#AE1C3E,#ED875E,#F2D2AE,#D1EBFB,#5EA4D9,#3C52A1))

Hope that helps,
Jason
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Wow, genius, thank you for being a loyal Community member and addressing this thread after so much time. It's too bad there aren't more Community members like you.