Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gidon500
Creator II
Creator II

Months Between dates

Hi guys

i need to calculate number of months between date

to :12/08/2015

any function to do it

thanks

gidon

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi David

using month() function you get the monthname of any particular date as ( Jan,Feb,Mar .. first 3 characters of month as output) . take a map table with the monthname and monthnumber values and use applymap function to map the month name with month number

Hope this solution helps you

Regards

Chitra

Not applicable

Hi,

Try this.

I have attached QVW.

Not applicable

Extract the month in number format and the year from both dates and convert the date to a YearMonth sequential number so you can operate between them:

difference = ( year(date2) * 12 100 ) + num(month(date2))  -  ( year(date1) * 12 100 ) + num(month(date1))

Edit: I'm sorry I am switching between many tabs and replied so fast I dind't realize I wrote 100 instead of 12).

Bad habit!

maxgro
MVP
MVP

(year('12/08/2015')*12 + month('12/08/2015'))

-

(year('15/01/2014')*12 + month('15/01/2014'))

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Borja,

Efectivamente, multiplicando por 100 el año y sumando el mes obtienes AñoMes, pero al restar si hay mas de un año de diferencia, el resultado es erróneo. Pruebalo y verás.

Para restar de forma directa deberías multiplicar por 12, entonces si que la resta produce el número de meses.

Saludos,

Enrique Colomer

Not applicable

Así es. El problema es que varias veces he usado el método de * 100  para usar meses secuenciales para los ejes de un gráfico cuando quieres ver meses de varios años, y funciona perfectamente.

Efectivamente, a la hora de operar entre ellos, ha de ser *12 para que la secuencia de meses sea completa y puedas restar cualquier mes.

Has estado rápido!

Not applicable

Hi,

Please find the attached QVW.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

‌hi did you find the solution?