cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi Language - Default and Possibility to Switch / Variables

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a solution to identify the users language (system or browser language) while loading, use the information to default a variable. This variable should trigger the language of the app. Moreover, I would like to have a possibility to change the default language via a button or selection.

I have installed the climber selection bar, which I think is a good option to change languages; moreover, there is an initial selection option. Neverthless, at the moment it is not working that the variable from the selection bar is triggering the switch of languages. In the backend I have a translation table with an index and the translations. The setup works with a language selection field and the code (=if(SelectedLanguage=' ','Subsidiary',Only({<Index={3}>} Phrase))), but I'm struggeling with the variable instead of the selection.

Any ideas/feedback is highly appreciated!

Best,

Philipp

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anyone any idea?

random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

I'm actually looking for the same information regarding qlik saas.

Anyone has an idea ?

@LauraLangenaken

kfoudhaily
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hello,

qliksense server cannot read information of the user browser such as it's language, what you can do, is maybe create a repositry of your users and assign them a default language to display app:

load * inline [

user,language

user1 ,en

user2,fr

user3,en];

you may also get this repositry automatically from active directory, this supposes that data quality in AD is good...

please don't forget to accept reponse if it's ok for you.

regards,

QlikView Qlik Sense consultant
random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

THank you for the reply.

I use Qlik SAAS not qlik sense.

Is there a specific way to do this (maybe with Entitlement Analyzer to get the country code by user).

Because regarding users the IDP for each account is the mail address (not azure nor active directory).

Thank you