Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxCld
Contributor II
Contributor II

Multiple If Conditions in a variable with multiple selection criteria

Hi,

I'm trying to make my app more "ergonomic" with the use of buttons and make the set analysis still "simple" (not to make the if in the set analysis and being redundant).

The first variable vSelectType can be 4 different values Jaune,Vert,Presta and All. Buttons will define the value of vSelectType.

Then in a second variable vType, i try to make a multiple if conditions that will change the selection criteria in my set analysis like :

if($(vSelectType)='Jaune',[Article Vte Famille]={'Bananes'},[Fournisseur Lot Type]=-{'P'},[Fact Ligne Couleur]={'Jaune'},[Fact Type Vente]={'BANANES'},

if($(vSelectType)='Vert',[Article Vte Famille]={'Bananes'},[Fournisseur Lot Type]=-{'P'},[Fact Ligne Couleur]={'Vert'},[Fact Type Vente]={'BANANES'},

if($(vSelectType)='Presta',[Article Vte Famille]={'Bananes'},[Fact Type Vente]=-{'BANANES'},

if($(vSelectType)='All',[Article Vte Famille]={'Bananes'}))))

The set analysis is : sum({$<$(vType)>}[Marge Pds Net])

I think the problem is that Qlik think that the , is part of the if and isn't part of the string to replace, when vSelectType changes.

I tried :

'[Article Vte Famille]={'Bananes'},[Fournisseur Lot Type]=-{'P'},[Fact Ligne Couleur]={'Jaune'},[Fact Type Vente]={'BANANES'}'

"[Article Vte Famille]={'Bananes'},[Fournisseur Lot Type]=-{'P'},[Fact Ligne Couleur]={'Jaune'},[Fact Type Vente]={'BANANES'}"

text([Article Vte Famille]={'Bananes'},[Fournisseur Lot Type]=-{'P'},[Fact Ligne Couleur]={'Jaune'},[Fact Type Vente]={'BANANES'})

It's not working

Anybody has a idea ?

Thank you,

Max

Labels (6)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

If(vSelectType = 'Jaune', '[Article Vte Famille] = {[Bananes]}, [Fournisseur Lot Type] =- {[P]}, [Fact Ligne Couleur] = {[Jaune]}, [Fact Type Vente] = {[BANANES]}',
If(vSelectType = 'Vert', '[Article Vte Famille] = {[Bananes]}, [Fournisseur Lot Type] =- {[P]}, [Fact Ligne Couleur] = {[Vert]}, [Fact Type Vente] = {[BANANES]}',
If(vSelectType = 'Presta', '[Article Vte Famille] = {[Bananes]}, [Fact Type Vente] =- {[BANANES]}',
If(vSelectType = 'All', '[Article Vte Famille] = {[Bananes]}'))))

View solution in original post

sunny_talwar

Can you try this

Sum({$<$(=$(vType))>} [Marge Pds Net])

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Have you tried 

sum({$<$(=vType)>}[Marge Pds Net])

OR

sum({$<'$(=vType)'>}[Marge Pds Net])

It will be easier to help if you could create a sample app where you have some sample data and your variables and expressions.

sunny_talwar

May be try this

If(vSelectType = 'Jaune', '[Article Vte Famille] = {[Bananes]}, [Fournisseur Lot Type] =- {[P]}, [Fact Ligne Couleur] = {[Jaune]}, [Fact Type Vente] = {[BANANES]}',
If(vSelectType = 'Vert', '[Article Vte Famille] = {[Bananes]}, [Fournisseur Lot Type] =- {[P]}, [Fact Ligne Couleur] = {[Vert]}, [Fact Type Vente] = {[BANANES]}',
If(vSelectType = 'Presta', '[Article Vte Famille] = {[Bananes]}, [Fact Type Vente] =- {[BANANES]}',
If(vSelectType = 'All', '[Article Vte Famille] = {[Bananes]}'))))
MaxCld
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny_Talwar,

Thank you for your answer,

I removed the $() in the if(vSelectType='Jaune', etc... and put [] around criteria and the if variable is now working !

But I still have problem with the synthax of the primary set analysis : sum({$<$(vType)>}[Marge Pds Net])

I already tried with the new if :

sum({$<$(vType)>}[Marge Pds Net])

sum({$<'$(vType)'>}[Marge Pds Net])

sum({$<'$(=vType)'>}[Marge Pds Net])

sum({$<$(=vType)>}[Marge Pds Net])

Not working

MaxCld
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar,

I tried with the new if of Sunny_Talwar :