cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Data

Hello All

Please help me in the below query. I read the qlik documents but still confused.

I have connected ODBC with Qlik Sense. In SQL the data is updated every day. As there are millions of data approx 200 million data, I need to load the new data only so that it takes less time to upload the data in qvd.

I have created a variable using LET statement which contains maximum date. I am using the variable in the where statement to get the new data.

The problem I am facing is when I load the data first time; it loads the data successfully in it. But when I load the data multiple times the output is different sometimes it load all data sometimes 0 data

Ideally when I load the data again and again, the output shows 0 upload because the new data is uploaded.

I don’t have the qvd as the qvd is in other environment.

Can someone please guide the best method for incremental load in qvd and correct me also.

sunindia

swuehl

I will be grateful if someone attach the qvd where the above example suits

Thanks

Deepanshu

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand the issue completely.

The problem I am facing is when I load the data first time; it loads the data successfully in it. But when I load the data multiple times the output is different sometimes it load all data sometimes 0 data

Incremental load will only incrementally load new data. If you don't have any new data, 0 rows retrieved from the data should not be a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply!!

The issue is when I load the data first time it loads the new data

But when I load it again it shows that data is loaded again which is not correct. The output must be 0 ideally

As per me the mistake is creating the variable and passing the variable

I have created a variable which picks the maximum post date from the table

I have passed this variable in the script in where clause as

Postdate> Max variable

Can you please brief me with the example how to go for it?

Thanks a ton in advance

Deepanshu

maxgro
MVP
MVP

You can find an example here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/use-QVD-files-incremental-load...

and here

http://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/

But when I load it again it shows that data is loaded again which is not correct. The output must be 0 ideally

As per me the mistake is creating the variable and passing the variable

I think you should post the script (or a screenshot) and specify the database

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks sir!!

The script is in my client system, that's why I am not able to give screenshot & script.

Somehow the discussion shows the Assumed Answer, but I did not get the answer

Please suggest