cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

New Extension Bundle - Button

Trying to use the Set Variable Value action with this button and something does not seem to be working correctly.  I created an empty variable, added the button, referenced the correct variable and supplied a value but clicking the button does nothing.  The help section is not really helpful.  Is there a doc or video somewhere that shows how to use the Set Variable Value action?

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add your Extension button, by doing following steps:

1. From the assets panel, under Custom objects > Dashboard bundle drag a Button for navigation object to the sheet.

2. Select a navigation action by setting the option Navigation action in Actions and navigation > Navigation. The navigation options that are available are:

None: no navigation action is performed when clicking the button, but you can add another basic action.
           Go to first sheet: open the first sheet of the app.
           Go to next sheet: open the next sheet of the app.
           Go to previous sheet: open the previous sheet of the app.
           Go to last sheet: open the last sheet of the app.
           Go to a sheet: open a specified sheet. Select which sheet to open with Select sheet.
           Go to a sheet (defined by sheet Id): open a specified sheet defined by the sheet ID. Enter the sheet ID of the sheet to              open with Sheet Id.
           Go to a story: open a specified story. Select which sheet to open with Select story.
            Open a website / eMail: open a specified web site. Enter the URL of the web site in Website URL. You can set if you                  want to open the website in the same window or in a new window with the Open in same window setting.
            Switch to edit mode: switch to edit mode of the current sheet.

3. Set the name of the button in Label under Button layout > Label.
When you have created the navigation button, you may want to adjust its appearance and add one or more basic actions to perform before navigation.

Kissanime

bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I read the help doc (which looks like what you posted) and I know how to add a button.  I need to know how to use the Set a Variable option.

rawoeste
Contributor II
Contributor II

Same problem over here. Have you found a solution?

Looks identical to this case: https://github.com/stefanwalther/sense-navigation/issues/107

bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Sadly, no.  Quite underwhelmed by the extension bundle.