Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Highlighted
robin_heijt
Contributor

Next value button

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to set an expression to the button extension to allow my data set to skip to the next value in a field.

So I have a list of names with different KPI's showing. I would like to be able to click on a button to skip to the next person in the list and show the KPI of the this person.

It does not necessarily have to be the button extension, I am mainly looking for any simple solution to navigate through a list of people.

10 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Next value button

I'm not aware of an extension that can do this. There is an extension to loop over values of a dimension: https://github.com/BillMarkham/Qlik-Sense-Extension-Play-Button. That might work with a large enough interval setting or qlik the play and pause buttons every time.

Or perhaps using Ctrl+Click in a filter pane to select the next value in the list works good enough.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
robin_heijt
Contributor

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately the timer loop does not seem to be the solution I am looking for, as I'd have to continuously click pause every time after the next value. I am trying to make it work very efficiently.

For the Ctrl+Click idea, could you explain a little bit more on detail on how to do this? I tried using the combination, but no changes seem to occur.

Thank you for your time!

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

See this video: ttps://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Content/Videos/Videos-making-selections-visualization...‌. It explains the ctrl+click option too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
robin_heijt
Contributor

Thanks for your input!

This can indeed function as a temporary solution, however I hope to find an expression to do this by just clicking a button

balabhaskarqlik
Honored Contributor

robin_heijt
Contributor

Thanks,

However that is the button extension that I was mentioning in my initial message

The only thing I need now is an expression for the button to instruct it to continue in the order of the field,

balabhaskarqlik
Honored Contributor

In Button:

May be like this:

=Getfieldselections(Name)+1

Sort your Name field data,

In KPI, may be like:

=Sum({<Name = {"=getfieldselections(Name)+1"}>}Sales)

robin_heijt
Contributor

Thank you very much for your input.

Unfortunately I have not been able to use the suggestion.

I tried using it in multiple adaptations, but nothing seems to change when clicking the button.

This might of course also be due to my own wrong doing, but I feel I have tried most options.

Partner
Partner