Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No Intellisense in Qlik Sense 2.1.1

Hi everyone,

My Intellisense on Qlik Sense Desktop is playing hide & seek, and currently it's winning - can anyone help me find it?

Working fine on my cloud, also on company-server no problem. The version is 2.1.1.

Does anyone know what might be the issue?

(I tried to run a repair, with no luck)

Thx.

BR
René Iversen

12 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Rene i'm very sorry... what is 'Inteliisense' ?  Is it an extension object ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Intellisense is "Intelligent Code Completion" - see picture below. I am missing that in my desktop, but i know it should be there and have seen so on a colleagues desktop edt. as well as in some tutorial videos by Michael Tarallo.

Thx.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Got it !  i love that feature and i miss it no longer ( it's also in QlikView).

I am definitely not sure.. does your installation of qlik sense desktop give you access to other new 2.1 features like data file upload and UI variables ?    Perhaps a reinstall is needed. I am using 2.1.1 buld 22 (from about) version of the desktop.

Not applicable
Author

Seems to.. Not quite sure where to find the UI variables though, but picture #2 shows a feature that is new as far as i know, and that is definitely working alright.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Oh you have to use the variables they are also great !

If you have not already try just pressing F5 to 'refresh the screen' if that helps.

If not, i would also suggest a reinstall to see if that helps. Back up your c:\users\<user>\my documents\qlik\sense\apps   and .\extensions and .\content folders just in case.  Hopefully a clean uninstall/reinstall will do the trick.

Another trick is to open a browser like chrome (while desktop is open) and go to http://localhost:4848/hub and see if rendering the app and load editor in chrome helps in any way.

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

Intellisense seems to be working for me in the functions editor for charts, as long as I wasn't in set analysis.  Within the Data Load Editor it still shows limited function references.

Hope that helps.

brian_holborow
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

‌René

can I ask what sort of PC you are using?  I have a similar problem when using a Surface Pro, but not on a Sony Vaio (see my discussion thread Qlik Sense Auto Complete not working).  I have had the problem for a while, and still have the issue with the latest version of Sense.  I'm not sure if the issue is hardware or software related, or Qlik Sense or Windows.

i will be interested to hear if you have any success

Brian

Not applicable
Author

Lenovo Thinkpad T440s - Windows 8.1 Enterprise

btw. no luck with the localhost port 4848 trick Jonathan. Clean re-install might be the last resort. Seems weird though

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have the same issue on my LENOVO YOGA W10Pro.

Have you tried to reinstall and does it resolve the issue ?

Regrads, L