Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to connect to SQL server DB From Qliksense HUB

I have a new Qliksense server installation ,

Before that i have used qlik sense desktop and able to connect to Sql DB and i used to pull the reports ,

But now in the Qliksense Server when i am trying to connect to DB using either ODBC or OLEDB , i am not able to establish the connection between the Qliksense hub and Sql DB

I am able to create ODBC in the server and it is tested successfully ,

I used this solution :

Need to disable the standard mode on the QMC > Engines > Central Engine > Edit > Advanced (see Standard mode checkbox at the bottom - untick and restart Engines service).

But no use ,

Please let me know if am missing something or some security issue that i have to change ?

3 Replies
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

What error do you get?

Are you using windows authentication or SQL server Authentication, does the service account running Qlik have access to the SQL DB?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Barry ,

Thanks for responding

Yes i am  using windows Authentication   and service account has access to SQL DB,i have created a ODBC connection using service account also , Both ODBC and  OLEDB connection both seems to be failing when i tried to connect to SQL Server , can you please let me know if i miss anything

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

what error do you get?  does the sql server db show an attempted connection?  what version of sense?